Monday, January 23, 2017

The Promise to Overturn DAPA and DACA

Let's take a look at Donald's promise number 25 on our list:

25. On the first day in office, terminate President Obama's executive orders related to immigration. (This includes getting rid of "sanctuary cities" that Trump says have become refuges for criminals.)

Now, the inauguration was on Friday, January 20 at noon so I originally stated I'd give Donald until noon on Saturday the 21st to accomplish this task. I felt a bit more generous, so I gave him until the end of the day on Saturday - just to be fair.

I've seen where Donald has stated that he doesn't think his first day should be until Monday - today, actually - but I'm not buying that.  I'm not going to let him redefine words, for Pete's sake.

So! Here we go....

Here's a video where he says he will overturn Obama's executive orders:


Here's a video where he addresses sanctuary cities, specifically, and two of Obama's immigration laws - which I presume are DACA and DAPA:



Donald clearly stated he would repeal laws concerning immigration on his first day in office and he has not done so.

I'm a reasonable person, however, and I understand that he may have underestimated how long it takes to accomplish things in government - since he has never held public office before.  So!  I'll turn this particular promise red on our list now.  If he does fulfill his promise in the future?  I'll turn it orange.

I think I'm being more than fair here.

Stay tuned!  Another post is pending as we are tracking two promises Donald said he'd accomplish his first day in office.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment